Thursday, June 9, 2011

Start of my second week in Estonia

And here it is-one week has passed :)
I can honestly say that I'm getting used to living here in Tartu and I'm starting enjoying it.
People here are polite and fair and they mind their own business (just like Japanese people).

My 2nd week started with paint. My assignment was to experiment with paint mixing and make a rainbow!...and we all know how it ended XD - I have put too much paint on the paper (so it will probably dry forever) and ruined my jeans and t-shirt, but I guess I learned something and that was the main idea. I now know which color mixed gets which color (and amount does matter, of course), how to administer less paint to dry faster...but one thing is clear - I made a horrible rainbow! XD

It was supposed to be like this:

and my outcome was this:
XD

As for today, I have started cleaning, measuring and underlaying letters of a certain font (to make them leave a perfect imprint when used) and I can say it's sort of an interesting task, I mean, it's not very exciting, but it's thorough work (and I like being thorough :D)

This is the set after cleaning and they are yet to be underlayed:


A lot of new challenges await, but this is it for today. Nägemist! (as Estonians would say :D)

2 comments:

  1. Nägemist indeed. And "aitäh" for keeping up the with the posts.

    Pillaging, plundering and the high seas await us tomorrow then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. palun :)

    Aye! Yo-ho! Yo-ho! The pirate's life for me :D

    ReplyDelete