Saturday, June 11, 2011

an another sunny Saturday in Tartu ;)

They say Estonians are shy and stick to their own friends...it's kinda hard to get them open up to you as a stranger, but when they do-you see what kind of people they really are and it's definately worth it :D.
That happened to me and now I can say I am fortunate enough to have a few real Estonian friends by my side which will make my adaptation here a lot easier (Thanks guys :D ).

The most difficult thing for anyone coming from a faraway country is to find his place in the host country and people to hang around with and show you around the city you live in...even though I was a bit sceptic and as I am a person who doesn't acquire friends easily, I was surprised by the result :)
After all, I have learned that stuff like these can't be planned in advance...it just happens :)

As for my project - I'm still working with underlaying the letters, so nothing new about it.

In a few days I'll have my on-arrival training in Tartu, starting from June 14th to June 18th in Hotel Kantri.
It's sort of a "welcome meeting" between the Estonian national agency and all the EVS volunteers that came to Estonia recently.
I don't know what to expect, so I'll try not to think about it much and just get it done (hopefully I'll find a few additional friends :D ).

That's all there is for now...so, see you next week when we'll be continuing our very important work :P

No comments:

Post a Comment