Sunday, May 20, 2012

the night of the museums

Today was (generally) the busiest day of my entire EVS. We had the museumöö, a.k.a. the museum's night in both the printing and the paper museums. It was from 6 p.m. until around 11.30 p.m. and there were something like 260 visitors. Of course, most of them wanted notebooks so it was a very exhausting day of cutting, punching holes, cutting spirals and binding.
I believe that the museum's fame jumped up a bit today :P.

So, after this today, the only thing left for me to do is help with the preparation for the next workshop on the 24th which will be held outside of Tartu - so I have to help move some heavy machines as well :). Between that and after that are just regular days and I'll try to take it easy cause when I come back home I have to start working again. As the countdown until my departure has been started a while ago, I have exactly 9 days to go :P. I am really looking forward to coming back cause I want to see my friends and I want to try to arrange everything so I can finally go to university...as I have decided to take those stupid state graduation exams - which is translation means that I have to graduate again (that's a major screw up in our system, but to hell with it). Oh well, nothing can be done about that, as the fact still stays - without an university degree, I'll have a hell of a time finding employment...as I have already tried that out.

After 1st of June, I will visit my old high school, notarize my school certificates, diplomas and the certificate of citizenship by an official notary, send them to Zagreb to validate my old school grades and apply for the state graduation in July and choose the universities I want to apply to...after which I hope I will get a placement in one of them. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit late already cause I have missed the first deadline (it was the 1st of February), even though I couldn't apply for that even if I wanted to cause I would have had to take the exams and as I'm still in Estonia that's not possible.

Well, hope my luck will finally change so I can balance my life...I would be time, really.

Cheers till the next update!
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment